Longview School’s boarding program is available for both domestic and international students grades 7-12, who are looking for a place where students are empowered in their school. Longview’s school community is one where the students are integrally involved in all of the decision making through our fully-empowered legislative body (School Meeting) and our student-run judicial system (Judicial Committee). In addition to learning in classes in traditional subject areas, the Longview curriculum offers a wide variety of electives rarely seen at the K-12 level combined. We also provide real-world learning with our clerkship system in which students share the work of running the school.
You might be a good fit for our program if…..
- You are tired of everyone else making the decisions for you about your life
- You are interested in areas not usually taught in public schools
- The idea of being in small classes (2 to 10 students per class) sounds perfect to you
- You want the opportunity to make strong connections with teachers who care about you
- You like to learn through doing hands-on projects
- You are open to the adventure of living away from home
You are probably not a good fit for our program if…..
- You have a history of violent behavior
- You have trouble with anger management
- Other schools have considered you to be dangerous
- You use illegal drugs
Numerous students simply fall through the cracks in public schools and start to feel like they cannot be successful in their education. Many of those students find a new home at Longview School.